Saturday, September 26, 2015

Book Review: Fallen From Ashes by Megan Linski



Fallen From Ashes

 

by 

 

Megan Linski


(The Kingdom Saga, Book #2)








Synopsis 




 Queen Bennua has grown into a powerful ruler. With her new laws encouraging rights for both men and women, Haya-Maa has grown from a small city into a prosperous nation. Engaged to Zahid, the handsome Raider Prince, it would seem the young Queen is ready to lead the desert of Sahrahn into paradise.

But not all are so eager to follow the new Queen. A short time into her rule Haya-Maa erupts into civil war, rebels opposing the idea of a woman in power. With no other option Bennua must embark on a quest to find her missing friend, Toshana, who could hold the key to ending the bloodshed. Yet as her journey wears on Bennua discovers her title as Queen powerless against the wrath of gods and the wars of men. At her breaking point, Bennua finds the only way to save her country and defend her people...is to offer a devastating sacrifice.




Review




If you've yet to read book #1, Kingdom From Ashes, take a look at my review and see why I gave this story 5 stars. I've been anxiously waiting to read more about Bennua and the Raider Prince, so I was delighted when an ARC from Grypyn Publishing showed up in my inbox.

I actually finished this book awhile ago, but I've put off doing the review because I have trouble finding the right words to describe how much I love this series! The setting is so unique that I feel as though I'm being whisked far away every time I settle down to read it. Somehow I've managed to become obsessed with Bennua and Zahid the way most people obsess over celebrity couples.

Fallen From Ashes opens with their wedding and celebrations. It was quite satisfying to witness these two finally get the happiness they deserve. But the honeymoon ends abruptly when royal duties send them off on a dangerous adventure and their marriage is put to the ultimate test. On their journey, they meet up with some intriguing characters and a lot of the unexpected. Turns out the desert of Sahrahn is littered with mythical beasts and dangerous magic. The newly weds not only have to battle monsters, but also their differences in personality and faith - all while trying to keep the peace during a civil war! It's fantastic. A great story.

The only thing that annoyed me a little bit was the fact that Bennua and Zahid could have avoided so much brooding if they would have just TALKED TO EACH OTHER! At one point, I wanted to whack the two of them upside the head. Then again, I can't say that I'm not guilty of the same thing sometimes.

This book took such a toll on me emotionally. While I was reading it, I went from squealing, to biting my nails, to screaming, and then making anonymous death threats to the author. I've finally recovered and I can't wait to read Redemption from Ashes, due out this winter. Megan Linski instantly captivates the reader and holds them prisoner in this desert paradise. I devoured this story and am desperately craving more.


5 Stars
* * * * *

 

Megan Linski is looking for reviewers for Kingdom From Ashes. That means you'll get to read the book for FREE!! I highly recommend it. Contact her through gryfynpublishing@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment